The Zen of Dementia

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Zen Of Dementia

My name is Chamundi. I took this photo of Monterey at Thanksgiving of '04 while staying at the IYH Hostel there.

Realizing that you have EOAD (Early Onset Altzheimer Disease)leaves you feeling a bit like that small island. Within sight of shore (safety, everyone else, coherence). But not touching.

After a life time of sensitivity, communication & organization skills, those are gone. You find yourself, if you are to survive to all, constantly dancing between respecting your boundaries & total self involvement.

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger BuddhaBun said...

This is a beautiful post that shows a wonderful gift for self-honesty and introspection. As a Buddhist, you know we are not our brains; not our bodies. All is cause and effect, and all is impermanent. You are still a Buddha!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Alzheimer's Awaareness said...

Aloha Jaye I am very impressed with your words mostly by the picture of the ocean. I live on that island and feel the downpull more than last year and much more that 8 years ago. I do feel coping skills come from a higher power and I am blessed with those. I will check back often ty Jeanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home